Monday, February 3, 2014

February 2014 Update

Happy Groundhog Day just now! Time to start shaking off the winter (or, here in Vermont, finally getting into it?)

ONE-YEAR MARK AT 6 BARRE ST
It's been a full year now of art-making in the old storefront at 6 Barre St in Montpelier. I'm really glad I jumped in; it's the best studio I've had. THANK YOU all very much for your attention and good will! I've had a lot of help. 

NEW NAME: GALLERY SIX
My gallerymates and I at 6 Barre St are no longer The Storefront Studio Gallery. We are now [dun DUN DOOON] GALLERY SIX! We've also decided on... A FONT for the new sign in the window! It's going to look wonderful. Come see!

NEW WEBSITE
Cleaner look, more fun, new work to look at! And honestly, some of the paintings for sale are starting to look underpriced. You should snap them up now before I reconsider. 

ART WALK
The next Montpelier Art Walk is this Friday February 7th, from 4-8 PM. Come draw with us! We've got a beautiful fresh coat of paint up on the gallery walls, and will have long rolls of paper up for everyone to make some collaborative artwork. Materials generously supplemented by The Drawing Board, local art supply and frame shop extraordinaire. Of course the studiomates-- James Secor, Dustin Smith and myself-- will have open-studio style work to be seen. And as always there will be snacks and beverages IF you get there early. 

COMMISSIONS
I'd love to work with you on something special! No promises we'll agree right off on what to do. No promises it'll come out exactly the way you expect. But I promise it'll be... special. And I'm getting better at finishing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment